United Methodist Church of Steamboat Springs
Church History


 

In Our Beginning

According to the church history, the local
Methodist church was founded in 1895
when Rev. F.G. Boylan, a circuit rider,
arrived to form a small group.

The land where the church now stands was
purchased in 1896 for $350. The first church
building was constructed after groundbreaking
in 1901 by James H. Crawford. The first building
cost $4,000 and served Steamboat from
June 1902 to fall 1951.

Following a groundbreaking in May 1959,
the current sanctuary was built for
$60,000 from funds donated by church
members. The building was dedicated
on
March 20, 1960.

 


736 Oak Street       P.O. Box 773748       Steamboat Springs, CO 80477       970 879-1290


Follow us on Facebook